At this point, it is nearly undeniable that cloud-based applications are the future of computing. The whole world is heading in that direction, and all of the advantages are too strong to ignore anymore. Put in the simplest terms, cloud computing is just computing that takes place on the internet. When you move to the cloud, your business is able to use a dedicated server at a data center to take care of storage needs and supply computing power. You can have a local or off-site data center, but it basically works the same.
There are several choices that come with implementing the cloud. You can opt for a private or public cloud, or a combination of the two called a hybrid cloud. A private cloud means that you have a dedicated server or set of servers that is only for your company. It offers more flexibility but has higher upfront hardware costs. The public cloud option is a data center owned and operated by a third-party vendor.
Public data centers typically have greater power and stability, but they offer much fewer custom options as someone else owns the hardware you are using and can be a slightly higher security risk. Willow Bend Systems is prepared to help you find the right option for your business.
The Benefits Of Using The Cloud
There are some people that are cautious about using the cloud because there is a fear attached to not having your data in your hands. The truth is that the cloud is often more secure than any traditional server and offers many more applications.
- Mobility: By far, one of the most significant selling points of the cloud is the ability to access your data from almost anywhere. As long as you have an internet connection, you will be able to view your information and use many of your typical operations. Being able to act quickly from multiple locations will give you a competitive edge.
- Scalability: One of the biggest expenses in any company is the price that come with expanding. We all want our companies to be growing, but the need for more resources will create higher costs. With the cloud, your service provider will be able to ratchet your resources up or down easily depending on your needs. That means more power and options without the costs of buying new hardware.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity: Protecting your data and ensuring the continuity of your business is essential to your future. The cloud offers many options for restoring data loss following a disaster or unexpected event. The mobility advantages also allow you to bounce back quickly after an incident even if you don’t have access to your workspace.
- Security: When you move your operations to the cloud, you are placing your data in the hands of people whose job it is to build secure cloud infrastructures. It is like putting your money in a bank vault. Your sensitive information is better off in the hands of professionals. Cloud-based computing offers security options like data encryption and end-to-end authentication.
- Lower Costs: Even if you are using the private cloud hosting option, once your IT service provider has built your cloud infrastructure, you will see lower hardware costs overall. Your business will have lower energy costs and be able to do more with the resources they now have. You also won’t be paying for expensive upgrades or patches in the future once they are built into your service level agreement.
Overall, cloud-based operations offer your business a secure way of being more productive, cutting your costs, and preparing for your future. We hope a better understanding of the cloud and its features will convince more people of its value. Willow Bend Systems is ready and waiting to help you make the jump to the cloud today.